Song of the Month

Hey Readers,
Today I am starting something new called “Song of the Month” so each month I will be posting a little bit of information about a song, why I like it and the link to it. The first song of the month is (By the preview picture you can probably tell) drumroll…
FIGHT SONG!
I found a interview with Rachel Platten (The artist) on a website: http://www.top100songscenter.com/fight-song/ about her FIGHT SONG if you want to check it out.
Info:
-So this song is rated 3 and 1/2 stars which is pretty awesome.
-The message sent is “Never ever give up in hard times or conditions.
-The first stanza is about how small steps can have large impact.
-The second stanza is about not wanting to make the same mistakes and repeating the past.
-The third stanza is about her you are the owner of your life, not anyone else.
-The fourth stanza explains that her past was due to others, and she feels overwhelmed
-In the last stanza’s she says: “she has a desire to restore her past. She feels spark in her bones to change her present and she has hope in spite of problems”.

Why I like this song

This song is so inspiring and is really, I guess “pure” I also like all the metaphors like “a small boat in the ocean” and “I might only have one match but I can make an explosion”. I really find this song really easy to picture and image, and the words and peices fit together to make a perfect blue sky.

This is the official Fight Song Video and it is totally appropriate, the only thing is it is pretty sad at first but then it’s smiles all around so it’s all good. This is it:

-Charlotte

One thought on “Song of the Month

• August 5, 2015 at 4:05 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,

I love this song and I am so glad that you are doing a song of the month. Thanks for all the background knowledge on the song! It does tell you a great message and i am looking forward to next months song!

Love Sophie B 5K

Reply