Behind the Scenes (Chapter 2)

Hi World,

This is chapter 2 of my choose your own adventure book “Behind the Scenes” This chapter is called Preparations. If you have not read my book before: my book “BEHIND THE SCENES” is about a 12 year old girl named Mable who has lived at the Lepary hills underground headquarters ever since she can remember. And yes- you guessed it- she is an agent at the L.H.S.O (Lepary hills spy organisation). She is strong, smart and skilful in every area of the spy training system there is.

Chapter 1 “Mission Impossible” was about how Mabel got a mission opportunity from her boss, to find background information on Daniel Losken by Haley Losken (his adopted daughter) because he is a big suspect of smuggling “Pupley’s Soda” which has a non-curable effect of making whoever drinks it to never speak again. You readers chose mostly for Mabel to, drumroll… Accept the Mission! Seven of you chose to accept the mission, two of you chose for Mabel to let the boss decide for her, and one of you chose for Mabel to run out the door and quit her job as an agent- way too much pressure. As I said in chapter one, I recomend you listen to the clip below while reading this chapter.

Chapter two:

Preparations

“You know, I knew you would accept the mission, you always had it in you.” Rob (Mabel’s handler) claimed. Mabel tried to take him seriously but the fact that he was trying to sit at his desk professionally didn’t help at all. Nope, she couldn’t do it. Rob gave up too-finally, he told Mabel to head to the gadget room to get her… well, gadgets for the mission, then to head up to the masquerade floor to get her disguise done.

As Mabel entered the gadget room Natalie (the head of tech produce) came and harassed Mabel with excitement telling her this mission was going to be successful, wow word spreads fast. You would think that the entire boss of a spy organisation would keep things a little more secretive.

Natalie began: “So, one of the most important things about your cover for this mission is making it incredibly believable, you want to look like an average 12 year old girl. Haley isn’t stupid you know, and I’m pretty sure an illegal Pupley’s soda smuggler would be pretty smart as well. Anyhow, you have a backpack, in that backpack you have a copy of Harry potter , lip gloss, an iPod, a pen, a texta, some candy, a perfume bottle, a change of clothes, and a zip lock bag filled with 12 square beads. The backpack has magnetic microfiber that you can set off, the Harry potter book has a built in hidden computer to contact the organisation, the lip gloss is actually filled with a tech produce gas that will put the target to sleep for exactly 1 hour, the iPod is a disguised Taser, the pen is a laser pen that will cut open glass and most metals- it also can reseal things back up, the texta will shape itself into any keyhole to open it, the candy can blow a lock off anything (if the texta doesn’t work) also it can blow off circuits, the perfume bottle will erase the targets memory of that day, the change of clothes are for if you need a different disguise, and lastly the beads have hidden cameras and can stick to any material. And of course Rob will give you your ear piece so he can talk to you. Here is your backpack.” It was pretty light considering it had all those gadgets in it, and it had magnetic microfiber. Mabel thanked Natalie and said bye, time to head to the masquerade floor.

The workers on the masquerade floor had a quick skim through Mabel’s file then one of them started to talk to her “Okay, so I seez ya az a happy, smartz looking girl but you feel a lot, youz got a lot of emotionz.” This guy seemed very professional. “We will need ze hair dye, ze hairzpray, ze walk in wardrobe, ze makeup, and someonez let Rob knowz Mabel will needz ze special spy glassez.” The disguising went something like this: hair washed, hair foiled, hair dyed, hair washed again, hair done, hair done again, hair done for the third time, hair sprayed, hair fixed, hair sprayed again numerous times, eyebrows dyed, 24 hour lip changer put on, cheek colour lifted 6×3, and lastly the workers took around 3 hours choosing Mabel’s “perfect outfit”.

“Ze ta da!” the professional disguiser said. Mabel had one look in the mirror and knew she was going to have to adjust to a lot.

To be continued!

Okay readers today I am doing a different kind of “what you chose” today. I have three photos of what they could have chosen for Mabel to look like, which ever picture gets the most votes will be the one Mabel has been turned into. Here they are:

Option A: Under cover Intelligence

chptr 2 behind the scenes disguise 1#

Option B: Bubbly Mole

Mabel in disguise chptr 2 2#

Option c: Out of place agent

Mabel in disguise chptr 2 3#

8 thoughts on “Behind the Scenes (Chapter 2)

• August 10, 2015 at 7:52 am
    Permalink

Dear Charlotte, well written chapter 2. Well done! I like to vote for option c. Looking forward to your next chapter. Very interesting story.
    Frances

Reply
  • August 11, 2015 at 2:23 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,
    It’s creative to give these options. I vote for Option 3.

Reply
  • August 12, 2015 at 12:18 pm
    Permalink

An interesting few options for your readers.
    I love the gadgets and hope she gets to use some of them.
    I vote Option 3. I’m not sure her target will allow a bubble mole get close to her.
    Karen

Reply
  • August 13, 2015 at 8:29 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. I love how your options are unique. Did you make the three pictures in your post? If so, what did you use?
    In terms, of my vote, I would have to go for option three like all the other commenters have voted for as it would make for a more exciting storyline.
    Can’t wait to read your post next week!
    Gemma

Reply
  • August 17, 2015 at 9:46 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,
    Great post!
    I vote option 3
    Izzy

Reply
  • August 17, 2015 at 10:00 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,

I love the humour in this story – and lots of creative ideas.
    I vote for no. 1 – she looks mysterious and I think Haley will want to befriend her.

Reply
  • August 17, 2015 at 8:53 pm
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,
    Great gripping and interesting chapter. Keep up the great work and Can’t wait to read more.
    I vote for option c.
    Keep Writing,
    Chloe

Reply
  • September 11, 2015 at 1:00 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,
    I am absolutely loving your story so far !
    I would go with option 3.
    Keep up your amazing writing!
    Love Sophie
    (5K)

Reply