Behind the scenes (Chapter 1 mission impossible)

Hello readers,
this is my first chapter of behind the scenes: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. Encase you haven’t read the character post: my book “BEHIND THE SCENES” is about a 12 year old girl named Mable who has lived at the Lepary hills underground headquarters ever since she can remember. And yes- you guessed it- she is an agent at the L.H.S.O (Lepary hills spy organisation). She is strong, smart and skilful in every area of the spy training system there is.
The preview picture today is of Mabel not in any disguise wearing a simple hoodie and the L.H.S.O training jeans. Remember after reading this chapter vote on what you think should happens next, because you could determinate Mabel’s future and the entire story can be flipped by one comment. I recommend that you listen to the clip below while reading though. Hope you enjoy the story, here is the first chapter:

Chapter One:
Mission impossible
“Hey Mayo, come over to the ring and show Boss Maudly how you do,” said Rob (Mabel’s handler.). “You know, I really prefer my actual name,” muttered Mabel. She hated Rob’s nickname for her, she didn’t even like the taste of mayo. Nevertheless she never missed an opportunity to impress the entire boss of L.H.S.O. As Mabel entered the ring her competitor tried to ace her with the usual Roundhouse kick, so to warm up she quickly jerked the back of his knee and he flung into the mat like a torpedo. Rob smacked his knee as he howled with laughter at the already losing 17-year-old challenger, up against 12-year-old Mabel. “That’s what happens when you put a red belt against our black belt,” said boss Maudly. The ashamed competitor trying to bring back his reputation was still on the floor so he yanked Mabel’s foot and she fell flat on her back. As the less flustered red belt jumped into position again Mabel-aiming to intimidate back flipped into what she called the grenade position and almost got him with a hook punch but he blocked it harshly. Then attempting to thrust her to the ground again the red faced, red belt tried a foot grab only to end up getting spin kicked to the ground. “OOOH, you just messed with the wrong Mayo,” Rob taunted. Mabel rolled her eyes.

“OK, I’ve seen enough.” Boss Maudly replied. Mabel decided to leave the poor red belt to it and headed over to the Boss. “I continue to be dazzled by your progress every time I check in to Rob.” Said Boss M. Rob tried to get a fist bump out of Mabel but she ignored him. “You’re getting a lot of work done behind the scenes.” He continued. Mabel was trying to understand what he was saying but she really needed him to just cut to the chase. “Look a new mission has come up, and I figure I want you to complete it but it would be the most complex and tough mission you will have ever done.” Mabel couldn’t imagine how tough it would be considering her previous tough missions. Although, on the other hand if she chose to accept this may well be her very own “MISSION IMPOSSIBLE”. She continued to think about this as Rob talked to Boss M for a minute. They told Mable she would be given the file now and she could tell Boss Maudly her decision tomorrow in his office at 8:00 sharp. When the Boss left Rob yakked on for 10 minutes and eventually gave Mabel the file.
Mabel checked in on the tech produce place, which everyone just called the gadget room to see if they had anything in stock especially for her. Mable said hi to Natalie (the head of tech produce) and asked if they had anything for her. “Only if you go on that mission,” Natalie replied. Erghh, what was so special about this mission? And why did everyone know about it? She needed to check out this file, and quick.

File for mission: 13473945

Mission: To get close with HAILEY LOSKEN.

Purpose: To find information of her father DANIEL LOSKEN who is a big suspect of smuggling illegal “Pupley’s soda” which has a non-curable effect of literally causing anyone who drinks it to never speak again.

Background Information: DANIEL LOSKEN adopted HAILEY when she was three months old. According to any few family members though, he never wanted a child. HAILEY is extremely insecure and sensitive; also terrible at bonding with anyone from an unforgettable experience of losing someone she loved. HAILEY although has an amazing HEART.

DANIEL and HAILEY’s relationship: DANIEL despises HAILEY and HAILEY just wants DANIEL to love her.

Need to know:
Why did DANIEL adopt HAILY?
Who did HAILY lose?
Is DANIEL smuggling?
End of File for mission: 13473945

“Gosh, no wonder Hailey feels so insecure and sensitive: her own dad doesn’t even love her.” Mabel accidently said dramatically out loud. The Boss did mention it was going to be tough if Mabel rose up to the challenge- he was right, this was a code CE mission, one of the toughest there is: A mission where emotions get in the way of getting the job done, many of Mabel’s close agents had failed code CE missions and had been lost forever. Mabel felt so overwhelmed that she shin kicked her stress dummy (Spies use these to get out their emotions using physical harm) three times in a row. All of a sudden Mabel had a gut feeling and knew exactly if she was going to do the mission or not. What will Mabel do?
a) Mabel will accept the mission, if anyone was going to complete it, it would be her.
b) Mabel will let the boss decide for her, after all he is the Boss
c) Mabel will not accept the mission; she is not ready for it.
d) Mabel will run out the door and quit her job as an agent, way too much pressure.
-Charlotte

12 thoughts on “Behind the scenes (Chapter 1 mission impossible)

• August 3, 2015 at 8:36 am
    Permalink

Ooh, Charlotte, I’m hooked!
    Yes, yes take the mission. She sounds so tough but can she handle a CE?
    I believe she can. Go for it!

Karen, Sarah’s Mum

Reply
  • August 3, 2015 at 9:06 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte, a very good start of your story… I vote for 1 & Mable should accept the mission. I can’t wait to read more about the story. Well done Charlotte.

Reply
  • August 4, 2015 at 11:40 pm
    Permalink

Hi charlotte,
    Interesting story and a very unique storyline. I vote for option 1.
    From Maddie

Reply
  • August 4, 2015 at 11:55 pm
    Permalink

Hi charlotte I think that you should do option D because it will be funny and it would be a bit of a twist to the story
    great start charlotte.
    -Georgie

Reply
  • August 5, 2015 at 12:00 am
    Permalink

Hey Charlotte

I am going for option b Mabel will let the boss decide for her. Her boss will know hat to do anyway he has more experience.

-Sienna

Reply
  • August 5, 2015 at 12:03 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,
    I think I vote for option one – it would make a very interesting story.
    Ella

Reply
  • August 5, 2015 at 12:06 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,
    Mabel doesn’t sound like your normal twelve year old girl! Wow! Amazing storyline! I choose option 1, let’s see her in action!
    ~Jess

Reply
  • August 5, 2015 at 4:18 am
    Permalink

Hi Charlotte,

What an amazing story line! I would go with option 1 as it will be a fun and exciting adventure if you do choose this option!
    Sophie B 5K

Reply
  • August 5, 2015 at 4:33 am
    Permalink

By the way,
    I love the way you structured your story, I also love the adjectives/ descriptive language that you used.
    Sophie B 5K

Reply
  • August 5, 2015 at 11:24 am
    Permalink

It’s definitely Option 1 for me Charlotte. Is it Mabel or Mable? You have used both. Mabel is the most common spelling. I look forward to seeing more improved punctuation and very careful editing next time.

Reply
  • August 5, 2015 at 11:02 pm
    Permalink

Hello Charlotte,
    I vote for option b because even I wouldn’t know what to do! – also I love how you have made it a spy story, they are always very interesting.
    – Maddie B
    PS: we are officially mortal enemies name stealer…..

Reply
  • August 17, 2015 at 9:47 am
    Permalink

I’m in – option 1 of course! How could Mabel decline?

Reply